Bit by Telerik. Redirect’s in my Ajax Panel not working with .NET 4 upgrade

I upgraded my project with the latest Telerik Q1 2010 assemblies and went to .NET 4.0 at the same time. Well, almost all of my pages that would issue a redirect after they completed their work started failing.

I spent over a day trying to figure out the source. I watched Firebug showing the server responding with gibberish on all the redirects. The symptom was unintelligible response that the page didn’t seem to even be phased by.

Well, I started to think why the hell was I getting binary data streamed back? Should have been a simple redirect header. It finally dawned on me, I loaded the Telerik compression module a while back to try and speed up page delivery from their psychotically bloated pages.

I pulled out the compression modules and Voila! It all started working as it should. What a pile of crap that was!

Anyway, I hope this helps someone else out their pulling their hair. No searches of mine found anything even remotely useful.

<httpModules>
<!--<add name="RadCompression" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadCompression" />-->
</httpModules>

Happy coding!

0 Replies to “Bit by Telerik. Redirect’s in my Ajax Panel not working with .NET 4 upgrade”

  1. I’m glad I finally found your solution ! After a whole day searching for the reason and a solution for an exception I’ve got after upgrading to .NET Framework 4.0 your solution solved it.
    Strangely it’s with telerik 2011 Q1 and almost a year later !!!

    The particular exception:
    ‘Microsoft JScript runtime error: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled.
    Details: Error parsing near ‘¬

  2. With great help from telerik-support I found the real cause of the problem.

    When upgrading my application to .NET Framework 4 I forgot to use the correct Telerik dll’s form the /Bin40-folder. So I still used the Bin35-dll’s.

    With the correct (Bin40)-dll’s the exception is no longer there

Leave a Reply to Walter Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *